School year in Spain
“It will change your life. You’ll come back a new person.”
A school year in Spain will be one of the best experiences of your life. You will make new friends, take in a different culture, practice various sports and discover incredible new foods, customs and traditions. Studying abroad for a year will also allow you to grow as a person, becoming more responsible and self-confident.
You will find that you have a better understanding and appreciation for the nation’s people and history. You will have the opportunity to witness a completely new way of life.
When you finish your study abroad program and return home, you will return with a new perspective on culture, language skills, a great education, and a willingness to learn. Needless to say, all of these are very attractive to future employers.
You will be hosted at local, carefully selected families. You will be living in a relaxed family atmosphere. Your Spanish family will welcome you as another member of their family and you will feel at home as soon as you arrive.
Our selected schools are really welcoming and they love to have foreign students enrolled. You will fit right in from the first day. You will also learn the language in no time and you will also be able to practice all kind of sports. Additionally, you will always have language support before and during your academic year provided by The Spanish Course.Contact Us
One of the biggest benefits of studying abroad is the opportunity to meet new lifelong friends from different backgrounds. Attending school abroad gives you the opportunity to really get to know and create lasting relationships with your fellow students.
After the study abroad program ends, make an effort, stay in contact with your international friends. In addition to rewarding personal relationships, these friends can also be important networking tools later down the road.
Take this opportunity to travel the world with no commitments but to study and learn about new cultures. Studying abroad is an experience unlike any other.
Safety, safety, safety
Safety is paramount for The Spanish Course. Spain is one of the safest countries in the world and Cantabria is the safest region in Spain. For example, according to escapehere.com, Santander, the capital of Cantabria, is the safest city in Spain for women travelling alone and 92% of people feel safe in the city according to OCU.org.
Additionally, we have a rigorous and strict selection procedure for host families including police checks and students are supervised and supported by us at all times.
Personalised care and support
We monitor our students well-being at all times and we offer full support to parents and students before and during the academic year. We will also be in contact with schools helping students with any academic issues.
Along with your parents you will be able to meet us and your host family online before arriving to Spain via Skype or Facetime. We will prepare your trip together and you will be able to ask about any concerns you may have before you arrive. These contact interviews with parents will also be held during the course and when students, parents, school or The Spanish Course think that they are necessary.
What the course includes
The academic year abroad program costs $23,038 and it includes:
- Online pre-departure orientation and preparation videoconferences
- Madrid Airport transfer
- One week revision Spanish course (before starting at your school)
- Full-board accommodation at your hosts’ family home
- Access to all the home facilities
- Free wifi Internet access
- Daily transport to and from school
- School placement during the academic year like any other Spanish student
- Regular family and school excursions
(Optional school excursions incur additional charges)
- Some sports or cultural activities.
- You must be motivated and flexible to immerse yourself in another culture
- Have a genuine interest in becoming another member of the host family
- Have a valid passport and visa if required
- One of the main goals of studying with us is to become fluent in Spanish. However, The Spanish Course staff are fluent in English and are always available to support you at any time. Additionally, your school will also offer you language support. So, you don’t need to be fluent in Spanish. However, if you have previously studied Spanish, you will take more advantage of this program.
- Be in good mental and physical health. You will be away from home in a new environment and culture, in unfamiliar circumstances and without your normal support structure.