I work as a massage therapist, and have a few clients who are primarily Spanish-speaking. For the most part their English is better than my Spanish, but I have one client (the cutest little older lady) who doesn't speak any English at all, so with my mostly conversational "I'll have a plate of this, please" "hello my name is u/enaikelt" Spanish it's very difficult to muddle through the session. We manage with some miming and her son is there in the early stages to translate, but I don't want that to continue forever!
I'd love it if anyone could help me out with some massage/general service industry phrases, for instance:
- Welcome to my office
- Come this way, please
- Are you looking for something relaxing today, or are you in pain?
- Where are you in pain?
- Do you have any injuries?
- Would you like a scent/essential oil?
- Please disrobe and get under the covers
- Please let me know if you want more or less pressure
- Take a deep breath in/out
- How do you feel?
- Thank you for coming today
And anything else you can think of 🙂